Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hello world!

It's been 2 days since I deleted all my accounts at social networking sites. People have been asking me why and if it was difficult. So far, I've been mum about the real reason. Here's what the Lord told me Wednesday evening (and I recorded it on my phone in case I forget):

I am clear of this: the Lord wants me to focus on Him and serving my sisters. I cannot do that while there are still distractions present. Although I may say I am not moved by them, but the threat is still there. We are told to flee from temptations, to not even let Satan obtain a foothold. Therefore I am clear of this: God wants me to delete my fb, multiply, hi5, and friendster accts. Yes, even twitter.. no bargaining.. If I am to serve God, then let me do so wholeheartedly and pour out my time on this endeavor. The Lord who calls me is faithful. If I would lose contact to my friends and the bonds which I hold dear because of this, then so be it. If I were to lose everything for Christ's sake, no one is more worthy. "That is why I consider everything a loss.." as Paul so aptly put it.


I believe the Lord has different plans and requires differently of each of us. But as for me, this is what the Lord wants and I will stand by it. Praise the Lord, He gives me enough strength and grace to obey. I want to live my life for Him, and to please Him in everything I do. He is worthy, who died for me so I may live.


Jesus loves you all and God bless you!

No comments: