Sunday, June 08, 2008

Life As I See It

June--my 3rd placement is currently at Philippine Children's Medical Center. Last month was at Learning Partners School Inc. Being busy in my current rotation is something different, it would sure take some getting used to. Honestly, being around kids is a fun setting (pediatric), but as I've written in my previous post, I feel this is just not me. I mean, I can still feel the pull of adult physical dysfunction or the psychiatric setting. It's not that I don't like kids, don't get me wrong, but it's just the idea of treating them.. I feel like I don't have that much frustration tolerance to handle it. Oh well, the choice is Yours...it's Yours, God, whichever way You lead me. You know what's best for me. That's the message at church this morning. Bro. Erwin said that if we just leave the choice to God, we'll never regret it, because God will never give us what's second best but only what He deems best for us. Thank You, Lord. Complete abandon. :a deep sigh of relief: Your grace still amazes me. haha that's the song that's been playing in my mind these couple of weeks ever since I came across it last May. It brought tears to my eyes whenever I sang it to the Lord. The song just overwhelms me with the grace of God. Fitting too, since this June is the start of our church's gospel meetings, and I need to be overwhelmed by the love of God in order to share Him with others. I've started praying and inviting my friends from high school to church. Sadly, though, almost all of them either have lots of things to finish, no time, or just plain didn't bother waking up. This isn't the first time I felt so hopeless, sorrowful, grieved, and dejected. This is how it feels like everytime I invite someone and I'm bursting with expectations of that person coming, but then, they don't.. I'm not so sure if this feeling of dejection is because I felt sorry for that person not being able to come and not being saved or just plain out of self-pity that I was rejected once more. I don't know why it's so hard for people to come to church and so easy to go someplace else given the choice. Yet through all these, I rejoice greatly, because God's work isn't over. It's just starting. And I know from experience, that God makes all things beautiful in His time. He is faithful. AND He surely answers prayers, ESPECIALLY if our prayers are in line with His will. So right now, let me say this in advance, thank You Lord for the work You are currently doing and is still completing until these people come to the knowledge of You and accept You as their Lord and Saviour. Show them what we, Your children, have seen. How amazing and wonderful and unfathomable Your love and Your grace is! That is all it takes. Open their eyes. Praise You, Lord, for Your work.

VERSE 1
"My faithful Father; enduring Friend
Your tender mercy's like a river with no end
It overwhelms me, covers my sin
Each time I come into Your presence
I stand in wonder once again"
CHORUS:
"Your grace still amazes me
Your love is still a mystery
Each day I fall on my knees
Your grace still amazes me"
VERSE 2
"Oh, patient Savior, You make me whole
You are the Author and the Healer of my soul
What can I give You, Lord, what can I say
I know there's no way to repay You
Only to offer you my praise"
CHORUS
BRIDGE
"It's deeper, it's wider
It's stronger, it's higher
It's deeper, it's wider
It's stronger, it's higher
Than anything my eyes can see"
CHORUS

No comments: