Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's day

well, it's the time of year again where we give special attention to those who served as mothers to us be it biologically or simply those who care for us just as a mother would... Last night, I suddenly had the urge to bake cookies for the "mothers" in my life. So off I went to bake oatmeal raisin cookies...the smell wafting from the oven was enough to guarantee my success, for this was the first time I did something like this. Well, to cut the long story short, my hard work was not in vain for the cookies came out beautifully and the mothers in my life appreciated it and they said it was yummy...they even thought that those were store-bought cookies! I was so happy that my hard work paid off, after all, what was a night of hard work in comparison to the year-long care and love that they have given me?! So to all the great women in our lives, a Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: