Tuesday, April 26, 2005

a treat for tastebuds!

Sunday April 24, 2005

Went to a wedding reception at Makati Shangri-la on Sunday night. Of course, I'm a food buff, so I'm not here to talk about the program, but only the food... So the 7-course meal we had for dinner was Japanese food which started off with the appetizer in the form of Kani Salad, then there was the sumptuous Assorted Maki and Sushi Rolls, followed by the Sukiyaki Soup (a little too sweet for my taste, but yummy, nonetheless..), after that, we had Mixed Tempura (I wasn't aware you could do that to eggplants and carrots and still get away with it tasting so..uhm..they haven't invented a word for it yet)..by the time the main course came out, we were so full we couldn't eat a bite more, but who could pass up Tepan Grilled Chicken fillet with Terriyaki Sauce and Japanese Fried Rice?! So on I ate as if my life depended on it. The dessert was really a treat, both for the kids and adults. What with Green Tea Ice Cream resting on my tongue, I barely had time to talk as I consumed a bowlful! (talk about gustatory delight!) To top it off, the amazing flower setting in the middle of the tables took our breath away. Whoever did them should be commended! The light pink and peach-colored roses were especially wonderful.. What an evening!

No comments: