Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Just Love Me"

This Tagaytay conference is truly different, as mentioned by achi jojo yesterday.. My heart was once again touched by the Lord. The entire conference, His word for me was just to love Him. Though I had many reasons not to.. I was tired, busy.. I had to start thinking about my future and take action for a better life ahead.. I had so many things to think about.. I had no time.. and most of all, I know I have to offer and give up so much.. But then, I realized I had more reasons than not to give Him my heart and to love Him with all that I am.. Why did He wear a crown of thorns? Why were His hands pierced? Why did He bleed? Why was He whipped and beaten? Why was He spat on? Why was He hung on the cross and left to die? For all of these, there is only one answer: FOR ME. Only one question then remains: "How can I not love Him back?" A songleader during the conference said, "What is the reality of loving the Lord? It is to love Him with all our heart, mind, and strength. This is the greatest commandment. Not just our best, but with our all." I was especially apprehended by this because I always have this notion that I will love the Lord when I am a better Christian, when I can say that I've given up something for Him, when I am somehow able to live for Him, when I can give Him my best. Now, I don't really know when that time will come. But I now understand that He wants me to love Him not just when I'm at my best and when I'm strong, rather even along with all my weaknesses and failures. Now, I can sing this song to Him, my Beloved... "As long as I have breath, I'll find a way to say that I love You. Everything may change and the world may pass away, I'll still love You..."

No comments: